Amazing facts about Lenovo
Lenovo is a well known electronic goods manufacturer in the world. It’s products spread through out different countries like Japan, Singapore, mainland China, USA and more than 160 countries. But this electronic giant has many secrets which you should know.
- In Chinese abbreviation Lenovo means ‘association’.
- Earlier Lenovo was known as LEGEND.
- Company first launched with the name Legend in 1984 at Beijing.
- In initial stage this company was created with few young computer specialists.
- In 1988 Lenovo published its first advertisement for employment and this kind of rare advertisement attracted Chinese people very first. And after interviewing nearly 200 engineers only few are selected. Most selected candidates were early thirties.
- Nearly 15 years ago in 2003 the company got its current name ‘LENOVO’.
- At first the company was involved in making PC. But within few years it got success in making more products like Thinkpad.
- Lenovo officially stuck a deal to acquire IBM ‘s PC division along with Think pad. And that deal made them worlds third largest computer manufacturing company in the world.
- A recent major deal made them more valuable, when they brought famous Motorola company from Google. The deal was done in 2014 and from that time on wards most of the Motorola’s smart phone products are also bought by Lenovo.
- Lenovo entered in smart phone world in the year of 2012. But in nowadays it is one of the largest smart phone maker.