Amazing Facts About Rajasthan
Along with beautiful Pink city Jaipur and marvellous architectures, Rajasthan is known for its remarkable heritage buildings. In this topic you are going to find some of the amazing facts about this awesome India state.
|Established||30 th March 1949|
|Density||200 / km2|
|Religion||Hinduism (88.49%), Muslim (9.07%), Jain (.091%)Sikhism (1.27%), Christianity, other religon|
|State Bird||Godawan(Indian Bastard)|
- Rajasthan is well knwon from ancient times. It’s presence can be found during Indus Valley civilization time. Once it was a important capital place during Indus Valley Civilization.
- The meaning of Rajasthan is means Land of Kings orsome time called King’s Abode. Where King is for ‘Raja’ and land stands for ‘sthan’.
- Some of the oldest tribes like Rajputs, , Jats, Gurjars,Bhils, Rajpurohit, Meenas,Charans, Yadavs and different types of tribes contributed immensely to build up this state.
- Some of the well known historical personalities like Hemu and Maharana Pratap, surajmaland many more great warriors are belonged to Rajasthan.
- Rajasthanis famous for it’s some of the wonderful architectures and Mahals as well as Havelis. Most of them are now part of UNESCO World heritage sites. Which were build during the time of various kings.Beside that those which are not taken care by authorities, are converted into resorts and hotels. Due these resorts and hotels many foreign tourists visit Rajasthan.
- Apart from that if some one wants to enjoy luxury tour by trains, then The Palace on Wheels ,Maharaja’s and some few more luxurious trains are available there. Which are not less than a 5 star or 7 star hotels and with these trains one can enjoy Rajasthan more comfortably.
- One of the oldest fold mountains Aravalli range covered most of the Rajasthan. Specially The famous Thar desert is covered most places of Rajasthan. So if you want to feel like sunny and hot desert then Thar desert is always welcomes you.
- Some of the famous strange places like Bhangarh fort is situated in Rajasthan. Due it’s ancient story it also attracts many domestic and international tourist in the state.
- Also some famous national park and reserve forests – The Ranthambore National Park
Keoladeo National Park ,Mount Abu Sanctuary, are simply awesome places for tourist attraction.
- Now if you come to economy part, than always remember that famous business group Marwari’s are mainly originated from Rajasthan’s Marwar region. Specifically white marbles which are used to make numerous architectures arround the world are mainly mined form Rajasthan. It also believed that famous The Taj Mahal is also built from the white marbles which are thought tobe brought from Rajasthan. Other wise more different types of marbles such as pink marbles are also mied here. Rajasthan’s capital city Jaipur is also called Pink City, due to it’s many Mahals and Havelis are build by the Pink marble.
- Few strange thing such as in Jodhpur most of the houses are painted in blue. And many more tourist attraction places – Hawa Mahal, Chittor Fort, Dilwara Temples, Mehrangarh Fort etc are fomus spots. Due to states natural beauty, Rajasthan deserts and different part of the state can be seen in Indian movies.
- Rajasthan is also second largest producer of the cement in India.
- And in India Rajasthan is the also the second largest milk producer. Just after UttarPradesh which is the highest milk producer state in India. In few cereals production like barley, mustard, pearl millet, and more, this state is the second largest producer. Among all in Kota district, BhamaShah Mandi is knwon for Asia’s largest coriander market.
- From film to cultural programs Rajasthani folk songs and dances are well known. Specially The Ghoomar dance.
- Kumbhalagar, the birth place of maharana pratap. With surrounding wall of Kumbhalgar, it is the second largest fort of Rajasthan. Before it only Chittor is the largest fort in Rajasthan
- 16. Rajastha’s Kota is well knwon for the coaching institutions for competitive examinations like Engineering, medical, IIT, Cat and many more. For that only Kota is now called the “ coaching capital of India”.
- 17. Famous Pushkar Mela or Pushkar Fair held besides thePushkar Lake. Pushkar Lake is also sacred for Hindu’s. The Pushkar fair is the one of the largest livestock , camel, horse and cattle fair in India.
- It is also said that Jaipur is the first planned city in India. Which is built during Sawai Jai Singha 2.